We are currently accepting applications for: Medical Assistants-Full Time-Entry Level
Please visit Indeed.com to apply.
(For other opportunities please scroll down).
· The ideal candidate is available to work full time in February and throughout the spring, summer, fall and winter seasons.
· Availability during the daytime, the evening and on weekends is required.
· Flexibility to work at any of our Ottawa clinics is expected.
Prior to applying we encourage you to review the information below to ensure that your education, experience and availability match the minimum qualifications for the position that you are interested in.
The Full Time Medical Assistant has 2 primary objectives:
1. Treat the patient compassionately and professionally;
2. Save the doctor time.
This is done through the delivery of exceptional customer service to our clients and patients, a passion for cleanliness and performance, and ongoing learning, training and development.
The Medical Assistant will be fully trained on and responsible for the following:
· Proper Registration & Preparation of the patient, both administratively and clinically.
· Appropriate application of scripts, scenarios and clinical skills.
· Appropriate usage of our Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
· Ensuring Consistent Inventory, through daily stocking of exam rooms, fridges, filing cabinets.
· Ensuring a Clean, Quiet Environment by cleaning/sanitizing exam rooms, hallways, foyers & bathrooms.
· Proper opening and/or closing of the clinic with the Opening/Closing checklist
· Assistance with and registration of patients, invoicing and collecting payment.
· Record and document management.
· Other duties as required.
· One to two years of postsecondary education in a related field, or equivalent experience.
· An undergraduate or bachelors degree in Health Science, Kinesiology, General Science or Arts is considered an asset.
· Six months to one year of experience in a customer service environment (i.e. retail or hospitality).
· Excellent communication skills in English (spoken, written, reading and comprehension); other languages are considered an asset.
· Committed, reliable, and flexible with regards to scheduling of shifts (i.e. days, evenings and weekends).
· Flexible with regards to working at multiple clinic/office locations within Ottawa.
· Demonstrates maturity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
· Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
· Ability to effectively follow assigned procedures for various scenarios.
· Completes work within expected periods of time.
· Demonstrates the ability to use problem solving skills.
· Passionate about personal learning, training and ongoing development.
Experience: Entry Level
· $11.50/hour. Must meet training milestones in the first two weeks of employment including all exams and certificates.
· Following a 3-Month probationary period the MA is eligible for a Performance Review. Following the successful completion of this review, they will have the opportunity to train in one or more specialty programs (e.g., Complete Physicals, Travel Medicine, Allergy Testing, Foot Care, and Wellbaby). Working in any of these programs will earn the MA a ‘per service/task’ bonus, in addition to their usual hourly rate of pay, at an amount up to the discretion of the clinic owner/operator.
· Following 12 months of employment, the MA is eligible for a Performance and Compensation Review. The MA is eligible for an increase in their base rate of pay to $12.00/hour following successful completion of this milestone. Specialty program bonuses still apply.
Benefits: Eligibility begins at 6 months of continuous full time employment.
Reports to: Team Leader
Career Path: Team Leader, Program Trainer
If you are a self-motivated achiever who can produce consistent and reliable results in a dynamic environment and you meet the above criteria, we encourage you to visit Indeed.com to apply.
Appletree Medical Group welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only qualified candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted to advance to the first stage of our hiring process.