Adult Immunization Program
Vaccination is the cornerstone of preventive medicine. Adult vaccination in Ontario includes routine vaccinations and targeted vaccinations for specific populations or based on individual risk factors.
Common Vaccines Recommended For Adults
Appletree’s Adult Immunization Program can help you stay up-to-date with the following vaccines:
- Influenza (Flu) Vaccine: Recommended annually, especially for individuals at higher risk of complications, such as older population, pregnant women, and those with certain medical conditions.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) Vaccine: Boosters for these diseases are recommended for adults, typically every ten years.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine: Particularly for adults over 65 or those with certain medical conditions that make them more susceptible to pneumonia.
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster) Vaccine: Recommended for adults over a certain age to prevent shingles.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: Often recommended for adults at higher risk, such as healthcare workers or those with specific medical conditions.
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine: Typically recommended for specific age groups and populations to prevent HPV-related cancers.
- Prolia (Patient will have to bring their own)
- Birth control (Patient will have to bring their own)
How Can I Access This Service?
This service is available at our Appletree Medical Centre – 240 Sparks St. in Ottawa.
Appointments are required.