Online Doctor Consultations Made Easier
Healthcare is now at your fingertips. With just a few clicks you’ll be connected to an Appletree doctor via video. You choose; use your smartphone or log onto your computer from the comfort of your home or from the office.
We're Ready to Care for You
Prepare For Your Visit
Virtual Care services are available to patients ages 4 and up. Patients must be in the province of Ontario at the time of their visit.
Book An Appointment
Book your visit online by selecting a doctor, the reason for your visit, date, and time. A confirmation will be sent via text and email.
Don’t forget to include your OHIP card information and any preferred method of payment for non-covered services.
Minutes before your appointment, verify that your internet, webcam and speakers are working. Have a list of your medications ready.
When it’s time for your visit, click the link provided to you, complete your online check-in and start your visit!
Complete A Survey
Complete our secure online medical questionnaire to provide the doctor with an in-depth medical history for a comprehensive visit.
Chat With A Doctor
Start your Virtual Care appointment and get the medical advice you need. Prescriptions are faxed directly to your preferred pharmacy!
Am I Eligible For Virtual Care?
Patients age 4 and up may participate in Virtual Care, however not all conditions and services are eligible. To ensure patient safety, comprehensiveness and quality of care, Virtual Care doctors may assess you and still request that you schedule a visit in person.
Eligible Services & Conditions
- Allergy Symptoms – Nose/Eyes
- Asthma flare-up
- Bug Bites, Impetigo, Ringworm
- Cankers in Mouth
- Do I need to come in?
- Cold Sore(s)
- Ear Ache
- Eye infection, Pink Eye or Styes
- Gout Flare Up
- Head Lice
- Herpes (genital) Recurrence
- Poison Ivy
- I have questions about my current ongoing condition
- Rash or Skin Condition
- Sinus Infection
- Sore Throat
- STI symptoms
- Toenail or Fingernail Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) symptoms
- Birth Control or Plan B
- Review My Recent Lab Results
- Prescription Renewal
- Referral to a Specialist
- Referral for Physiotherapy or Massage
- Referral to Psychologist
- Requisition for Blood Test, X-Ray, Ultrasound
- Sick Note
- Routine STI testing
- WSIB Form 8 (Initial Report) completed for a Minor Workplace Injury
Follow-Up or Ongoing Monitoring of the Following Conditions:
- Acid Reflux
- Asthma, COPD, or Emphysema
- CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Skin Issues
- Weight Loss
Ineligible Services & Conditions
- Narcotic renewal or prescription
- Controlled substance renewal or prescription
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Conditions that require a Breast, Pelvic, Genital. or Rectal exam
- Cuts that would reasonably require stitches (longer than 1cm)
- Acute or new psychiatric crises or symptoms
- Any emergency symptoms including:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reaction
- Altered state of consciousness
- Head or neck injury
- Under 4 years of age
This service is not intended for emergency situations. If this is a medical emergency, please call 9‑1‑1, or go to your local emergency department.
Other Ways to Connect With an Appletree Doctor
Appletree offers various ways for your to connect with a doctor and receive the medical advice you need. Whether you choose to visit us at one of our Appletree Medical Centre, at one of our Telemedicine sites or from the comfort of your home through Virtual Care, you'll get quality medical care.