We're Ready to Care for You
- 100 + Licensed Canadian Physicians:
- Walk-In Services
- Family Medicine Services
- Prescriptions & Follow-Ups
- 25+ Specialists:
- Cardiologist & Dermatologists
- Sports Medicine & Vascular Surgery
- Obstetrics, Gynecologists & Pediatrician
- 1 Dentist
- Dental pain
- Urgent & non-essential dental concern
Prepare For Your Virtual Care Visit
Book Your Appointment
Virtual Care appointments are available online 7 days a week, making it easy for you to pick a date and time that suits your schedule.
Ontarians with an OHIP card can book Virtual Care without having to pay. Add your OHIP card number to your account for coverage.
Check that your WIFI connection, webcam and speakers are working. Have your OHIP or payment card on hand and a list of your current medication.
Complete A Survey
You’ll complete a secure and private Online Medical Survey helping the doctor get your in-depth medical history.
At the date and time of your appointment, click on the link provided to you via email or text to complete your online check-in.
Connect With A Doctor
Start your Virtual Care appointment to get the medical advice you need and prescriptions sent to your pharmacy.
Am I Eligible For Virtual Care?
You must be in the province of Ontario at the time of your visit to be eligible. Age 4 and up may participate in Virtual Care however, eligible conditions, services and coverage may vary.
ELIGIBLE Services or Conditions:
- COVID-19 Screening
- Acid Reflux
- Allergy Symptoms – Nose/Eyes
- Asthma flare up
- Birth Control or Plan B
- Bug Bites, Impetigo, Ringworm
- Cankers in Mouth
- Do I need to come in?
- Cold Sore(s)
- Dental Consultations with Dentist NEW!
- Ear Ache
- Eye infection, Pink Eye or Styes
- Follow-Up for Select Ongoing Conditions
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Skin Issues
- Gout Flare Up
- Head Lice
- Herpes (genital) Recurrence
- Poison Ivy
- Questions about my current ongoing condition
- Rash or Skin Condition
- Review of Recent Lab Results
- Prescription Renewal
- Referrals (Specialist and Allied Health such as Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy or Psychologist)
- Requisition for Blood Test, X-Ray, Ultrasound
- Sick Note
- Routine STI testing
- Sinus Infection
- Sore Throat
- STI symptoms
- Toenail or Fingernail Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) symptoms
- Weight Loss
- WSIB Form 8 (Initial Report) completed for a Minor Workplace Injury
INELIGIBLE Conditions or Services:
- Controlled substance renewal or prescription including narcotics
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Conditions that require a Breast, Pelvic, Genital. or Rectal exam
- Cuts that would reasonably require stitches (longer than 1cm)
- Acute or new psychiatric crises or symptoms
- Under 4 years of age
For any of the conditions mentioned above, please meet with a physician in-person at one of our Appletree Medical Centres:
This service is not intended for emergency situations.
For any emergency symptoms including:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reaction
- Altered state of consciousness
- Head or neck injury
Call 9‑1‑1 or go to your local emergency department.
Other Ways to Connect With an Appletree Doctor
Appletree offers various ways for you to connect with a doctor and receive the medical advice you need. Whether you choose to visit us at one of our Appletree Medical Centre, at one of our Telemedicine sites or from the comfort of your home through Virtual Care, you'll get quality medical care.