Neuromodulator Injections & Dermal Fillers
What are Neuromodulator Botox®/Dysport® Injections?
Botox/Dysport and other neuromodulator injections are prescription products that temporarily prevent a muscle from moving by blocking signals from the nerves.
What are Neuromodulator Injections Used For?
For aesthetic purposes, they can treat:
- Moderate to severe lateral canthal lines
- Moderate to severe forehead lines
- Moderate to severe glabellar lines
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Substances such as hyaluronic acid are used to add localized volume and fullness once injected beneath the surface of the skin. These substances can be found in the body and/or in cosmetic products. Each type of substance treats specific signs of aging or other cosmetic concerns.
How Long Do the Effects of Dermal Fillers Last?
It depends on the substance used, the site of injection and it can vary from patient to patient. Effects can last anywhere from 6 months to over 2 years.
What Can Dermal Fillers Do?
Depending on the substance and site of injection, dermal fillers can:
- Decrease or remove the shadow or wrinkles under the eyes
- Add volume to thinning lips
- Fill in or soften static wrinkles
- Fill in or soften the look of recessed scars
- Fill in or enhance shallow areas of the face
Are Dermal Fillers Right for Me?
Consult with a health care provider as to whether dermal fillers or neuromodulator injections are right for you. They are not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding patients. You may have pre-existing medical conditions or taking prescription medications that may not be an appropriate combination.
How Can I Access This Service?
These services are available at select Appletree Medical Centres. Appointments are required.
What Will Happen During My Appointment?
After listening to your concerns and assessing the areas of concern the medical doctor will discuss treatment options with you. If you and the medical doctor agree on a Botox injection treatment, then you may have the injection done the same day. A pinching feeling is what some patients have reported.
What Can I Expect After Treatment?
- Minimal downtime.
- Can return to daily routine immediately (some exceptions may apply).
- Results may start to appear within 72 hours. Complete results in 21 days.
- Results can last up to four months. However, results vary from patient to patient.
What Will It Cost?
These services are not covered by provincial insurance. The initial consultation is $50, which is deducted from the cost of the injections, should you proceed with treatment.